Sunday, November 28, 2010

Brand New and Bubbling

As a home brewer I really enjoy making and tasting my own beers and other fermented products, so when I came to Korea I was a little disappointed that I couldn't find what I wanted locally.  There are different sources for the products required over the Internet, but to me half the fun of brewing is playing around with it.

So I decided to cast all common sense aside this year and start playing around with the fermenting.  Hence this blog.  I'm making Makkoli (마걸리) in my little apartment in Korea with the absolute minimum of equipment to see just how everything turns out.

It is my hope that I can meet other brewers and inspire some first timers to give it a try.  Makkoli is much more forgiving than beer in its production and easier to care for as its nearly a natural accident.  In other words its hard to not make Makkoli if you pour Nuruk (누룩) in rice.
The hardest part of this was just finding the Nuruk.

Please enjoy everyone as I also hope to create a good way for those in Busan who are interested in brewing to communicate with each other and possibly share the final product of our fermented labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment